This ad is expired.
Administrative Assistant - Fresno City College & District Office Only
Salary: $50,835.00 - $62,520.00 Annually
Location: Fresno City College, CA
Job Type: $ATS$JobTypeJobType
Division: DO Personnel Commission
Job Number: 2022037
Closing: 5/24/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, performs advanced administrative support for a Dean, Director or department head; creates and maintains documents, reports, records and files required for work processes; assists in budget development and tracking; performs complex scheduling and calendaring; provides staff support to committees, taking and posting agendas and minutes; coordinates event logistics; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to an administrative Dean, Director or department head; using standard office software, composes and/or types memoranda, correspondence, reports, agreements, contracts, presentations, spreadsheets, forms and other documents, often of a highly technical and sensitive nature; proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with District standards, policies and procedures; may take and transcribe dictation; ensures materials, contracts, reports and documents for signature are accurate and complete.
- Screens and responds independently to phone calls, correspondence and email inquiries regarding a variety of department matters, occasionally of a confrontational and disagreeable nature; acts as liaison in coordinating calendar and matters between the manager's office and other departments, divisions, educational and industry partners and vendors; represents the department in important interactions with department constituencies over the phone, in person and online; provides information and handles issues that may require sensitivity and use of tact and independent judgment; prioritizes requests and facilitates the completion of time-sensitive items and the flow of information; researches requests or complaints and refers matters to appropriate staff and/or takes or recommends actions to resolve issues.
- Coordinates administrative processes for department hiring for staff and faculty positions including submitting and tracking requisitions, assisting selection committee with materials and scheduling and preparing hiring paperwork.
- Coordinates full- and part-time staff and faculty payroll administrative processes at the department/division level, including auditing time logs, calculating sick leave and ensuring conformance to work hour restrictions; computes and categorizes pay according to departmental/ program billing accounts; ensures accurate usage of funding codes and calculates departmental/ program billing; tracks approved vacation and sick time for departmental staff.
- Organizes, maintains and updates confidential, specialized and technical files, documents and records including department personnel records; creates and maintains electronic and physical filing systems.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets and small application databases; reviews, submits and tracks requests for payments and purchase orders in accordance with District policies and procedures; assists in ordering textbooks, equipment and materials; reviews travel and conference expense forms; calculates budget usage and fund percentages; prepares budget variance reports and spending forecasts for management review; tracks multiple funding sources; may participate in grant administration functions including basic grant writing, collecting program data and generating performance reports.
- Maintains and coordinates a variety of manager and/or division calendars; makes meeting arrangements including preparing and posting agendas and notices; prepares and distributes agendas and supporting documents to appropriate parties; takes and transcribes meeting minutes; may serve as recording secretary to a committee; prepares and distributes follow-up letters and documentation; assists with setup and cleanup for special events; contacts vendors for food orders, supplies and audio-visual equipment; handles other meeting logistics.
- May provide administrative, logistical and technical support to the department; independently performs research as requested on a variety of topics and programs and resolves routine issues.
- May provide day-to-day lead work guidance and direction to other staff and student aides; assigns, schedules and monitors work for completeness, accuracy and conformance with District, department and legal/regulatory requirements and standards; provides information, instruction and training on work procedures and technical, legal and regulatory requirements.
- May coordinate the faculty evaluation process for tenured and adjunct faculty following established processes and procedures; creates and maintains sensitive tracking spreadsheets and personnel files; creates lists and notifies faculty to be evaluated; coordinates committee meetings, timelines, observations and documentation distribution and collection; coordinates the distribution and collection of student surveys; routes evaluations for signature.
- Receives and inputs a variety of information into computer systems; researches information in computer systems; assists with the preparation of forms and documentation; verifies accuracy of information with third parties; tracks student and other information related to District and college services and programs.
- May assist in developing and presenting professional development workshops/training sessions and marketing materials.
- Provides backup for other department or division office administrative support staff including Instructional Administrative Assistants.
- Interacts with other colleges, departments and with state and federal programs on behalf of the department/program or a student.
- May assist with priority registration of students such as cohorts of students from a variety of instructional modes.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- Orders and replenishes an inventory of office materials and supplies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including computers and applicable software programs.
- Methods, practices, procedures and requirements for drafting a wide variety of documents, reports, presentations, contracts, regulations and other policies.
- General principles, practices and techniques used in customer service, public relations and community outreach.
- Department services, program goals, objectives, policies, procedures and practices.
- District student recordkeeping practices and procedures for processing student information and interpreting input and output data.
- District payroll and general accounting system operations, practices and procedures.
- Practices and techniques of sound business communication; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- College and District organization, rules, policies and procedures applicable to departmental and division operations.
- District policies, procedures and rules regarding budgeting, purchasing and travel/training and expense reporting.
- Applicable sections of the California Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the assignment.
- Basic principles and practices of employee work guidance and direction.
- Personnel Commission Rules, Administrative Regulations, Human Resources procedures and collective bargaining agreements.
- Uses and operations of scanners, phone systems, computers, standard business software, and database and spreadsheet applications.
- HIPAA regulations as they pertain to client information and medical records.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Assign and review the work of assigned staff.
- Communicate information accurately and effectively; understand requests for information or assistance; maintain a courteous and tactful manner when under pressure or in an antagonistic situation.
- Compose clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports, studies, agreements, presentations and other written materials from brief instructions.
- Track and report statistical information utilizing complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Perform mathematical calculations; assist in monitoring departmental budgets.
- Analyze problems, evaluate alternatives and recommend or adopt effective courses of action in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Set priorities and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of District and student files and records.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Operate a computer and use standard business software.
- Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
- Represent the District effectively in dealing with students, college and elected officials and the public.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential student issues and situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and at least four years of progressively responsible clerical support experience, preferably in an academic environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. As associate degree in a relevant field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Certain assignments may require a valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk and stand; and lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with frequent interruptions; work under intensive deadlines; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be upset, angry and confrontational.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
All SCCCD employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To learn more about this requirement, visit the Vaccine Mandate information page or go to scccd.edu.
To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/scccd. Please attach to your application a copy of your degree or transcripts (must include when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application. If interested in other campuses, please submit a separate application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.
The assessment process will also include a competency assessment (45% weight) and an oral board interview assessment (55% weight). Of those achieving a passing score on the competency assessment, only the highest scoring candidates, plus ties, will be invited to the oral board interview assessment. Passing score is 75% out of 100% on each assessment section.
INITIAL TESTING TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 3, 2022
The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
Candidates who attain a passing score on each part of the assessment will be placed in rank order on a Fresno City College and District Office Open-Competitive List. Using the same process, a separate Promotional List will be established and both Lists will be used concurrently. The eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies in this classification at Fresno City College & District Office ONLY for at least six months. The current vacancy is at Fresno City College.
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
State Center Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3540010/administrative-assistant-fresno-city-college-district-office-only
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-c7bad3d25df6154f9fac87a64a745612