Administrative Assistant III (Library/Learning Resources)- Norco College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Library/Lrng Res (N)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
If Part-Time, indicate the number of hours per week
18 Hours Per Week
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under the supervision of the area administrator, performs skilled secretarial and clerical duties typically for academic and operational departments.
PROVIDES WORK OR LEAD DIRECTION TO:
Short-Term employee(s) and/or Work Study student(s).
Graduation from high school, or GED equivalent. Additional college business course(s) from an accredited institution and/or training in a business related area (i.e. work processing, computer applications, office management) is desired.
At least four years of varied secretarial experience, which includes two years working for upper level management. Secretarial experience in a community college or other educational office environment is preferred. Must have experience with word processing systems and spreadsheet software packages.
Microsoft Office software package (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point); modern office practices and equipment.
Operate modern office equipment, including, but not limited to, calculator, scanners, copiers, fax machines, telephone, desktop computer; spell correctly; communicate, using good English, orally and in writing; compose correspondence independently; keyboard at a speed of not less than 50 net words per minute; index and file; deal effectively with public officials; establish and maintain an effective working relationship with others.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
May include students, staff, faculty, administrators, vendors, general public, conference facilities, business leaders, public officials.
Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates, plans and schedules appointments, makes reservations and handles catering for on or off campus meetings, workshops, events, and conferences, including video conferences, and makes travel arrangements for director, faculty and/or staff.
2. Answers and screens telephone calls and e-mail, and provides information where judgment, knowledge and explanation of policies and/or procedures are necessary. May field complaints and serve as a department liaison for the faculty, staff, students, parents and/or the public.
3. Schedules and maintains master calendar for department.
4. Conducts tracking of monthly department staff attendance reports and student/hourly worker timesheets as directed.
5. Prepares correspondence on a variety of matters; develops, or prepares, letters, memoranda, forms, flyers, department newsletters, marketing material, training proposals, organizational charts, and/or minutes, which could be material of a confidential nature, from handwritten drafts, notes or oral instruction;
6. Types tests, reports, statistical outcomes; drafts correspondence, with minimum of instruction, responding to routine inquiries, or as needed, to follow up on departmental actions or as requested by official to whom assigned.
7. Maintains department/program files and researches and assembles information as needed.
8. Performs a wide variety of data entry information utilizing specific data formats and various software; checks and reviews data for completeness and conformance with established processes and procedures.
9. Assists in preparing Board reports.
10. Assists in researching and preparing a variety of reports, including narrative and statistical, as directed by official to whom assigned;
11. Assists in developing a variety of surveys and compiling the results.
12. Orders, inventories, stores and issues department/program office supplies.
13. Assists in monitoring the department budget.
14. Operates and maintains a variety of office equipment.
15. Handles department/program mail distribution, including pick up, drop off, opening and delivering mail; maintains master mailing lists; prepares, produces and distributes mass mailings of materials and reports related to the department/program, under the direction of the department manager to whom assigned.
16. Tracks and verifies invoices; prepares requisitions using District's software package.
17. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
18. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
19. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year.A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The college provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit. Positions less than 20 hours per week are not entitled to benefits.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market., Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday 9 am-12 pm
Tuesday 8 am-12 pm
Wednesday 8 am-12 pm
Thursday 12 pm-4 pm
Friday 9 am-12 pm
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date: February 2022 or after
*It is anticipated that first screening of applications will occur sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of January 2022.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
*Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
*An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
*Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
*Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
*The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources and Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency