This ad is expired.
- Senior Assistant to the Dean
- Go to our website »
Senior Assistant to the Dean
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Senior Assistant to the Dean
The Senior Assistant to the Dean oversees all administrative functions for the Dean's Office. The person provides direct, high-level administrative support to the Dean, manages the Dean's schedule to provide the most strategic and efficient use of the Dean's time, and serves as the primary point of contact for the Dean's Office.
The person is responsible for maintaining a welcoming and open environment in the Dean's Office and representing the Dean's Office in a respectful, culturally competent and professional manner to a variety of internal and external constituents, including faculty, staff, students, alumni, Deans at other schools, the President's Cabinet, the Provost's Team, community members, and strategic partners. The person has a thorough understanding of the Dean's priorities and expectations, works closely with the Dean to advance his/her priorities, and ensures that the Dean is briefed and prepared for meetings and events.
The person researches and drafts correspondence, speeches, and presentations. The person also coordinates school communications and events sponsored by the Dean's Office and assists the Dean with project management of strategic and school-wide initiatives. In conducting these duties, the Administrative Assistant to the Dean practices a high level of diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality, pays attention to issues of power, privilege and cultural humility, and demonstrates emotional intelligence and care for all members of the School of Management community.
As a Jesuit institution, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fully embraced at all levels of the University. An applicant interested in the position must have a demonstrated commitment to social justice and cultivating an inclusive environment that supports care for the whole person, and an ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.
Full Job Description:
- Coordinates and prioritizes the Dean's schedule to ensure the most strategic and efficient use of the Dean's time, and ensures that the Dean is briefed and prepared for meetings and events.
- Arranges travel, accommodations, and conference attendance; and provides travel briefings for the Dean.
- Performs a range of administrative and technical support duties, as the primary and confidential administrative support to the Dean, relieving the Dean of administrative details.
- Assists the Dean with project management of school-wide initiatives including strategic planning, and ensures timely implementation of tasks required by the Dean.
- Works in partnership with the Associate Deans, Program Directors, Department Chairs and the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC) to assist the Dean in proactive communications and timely responses to inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and community stakeholders in a professional, discrete manner.
- Proactively assists the Dean in demonstrating care and appreciation for the USF community, by drafting letters of invitation, gratitude, congratulations, acknowledgement, etc.
- Coordinates communications with the American Association of Colleges and Schools of Business (AACSB), the International Association of Jesuit Schools of Business, and partner Jesuit business institutions.
- Arranges annual performance review meetings for the Dean's direct reports, including Associate Deans.
- Maintains records of School of Management policies and procedures.
- Prepares agendas, sends notices, composes minutes and provides administrative support in various meetings and working groups as assigned.
- Ensure persons meeting in the Dean's Office are afforded hospitality and the schedule is kept punctual.
- Submits expense reports and processes fund transfers on behalf of the Dean.
Dean's Circle/Business Council
- Serves as administrative support to the Dean's Circle/Business Council, maintains membership lists, coordinates quarterly meetings, takes minutes, and makes meeting arrangements.
- Researches, edits and compiles Dean's Circle/Business Council agendas, meeting packets, quarterly reports, presentations and proceedings from the meetings.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Dean's Circle/Business Council members.
- Serves as liaison to the faculty for the Dean's Office, ensuring that all members of SoM faculty feel valued, supported and celebrated through affirming and respectful communications, and coordination of awards and events.
- Coordinates communications between the Dean and the Faculty Governance Council, fostering a climate of transparency, trust and deep respect for the importance of shared governance and faculty leadership.
- Coordinates with the SoM Office of Academic Affairs and the Office of the Finance and Administration for the hiring of new full-time faculty.
- Coordinates with SoM Office of Academic Affairs to ensure promotion and tenure related tasks are completed in a timely manner. Helps arrange for secure storage of promotion and tenure applicant files and transfers materials to the Provost's Office.
- Plans the celebratory event for newly promoted and tenured SoM faculty; notifies SoM News (Internal) of newly promoted tenured faculty and coordinates other notifications and updates as needed.
- Coordinates the Dean's Leadership Team's participation in the annual New Full-Time and Part-time Faculty Orientation and other events as appropriate.
- In coordination with the SoM Office of Academic Affairs, plans celebratory events for retired faculty; sends school's emeriti faculty recommendations to the Provost; and facilitates review of Preferred Hiring Pool (PHP) applicants.
- Coordinates annual nomination and selection of Dean's Faculty & Staff Awards.
- In coordination with the SoM Office of Finance and Administration, oversees office procedures, filing systems, space planning and off-site storage.
- Manages the Dean's direct voicemail and office mail
- Posts notifications and announcements to SoM News
- Interviews, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates student assistants.
- Plans, coordinates, and organizes office activities and coordinates with other academic administrative staff as needed.
- Purchase of office supplies on Hilltop Shop
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Provides partial scheduling and select administrative support as needed for other members of the Dean's Leadership Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication, and research skills required.
- Minimum of five years administrative experience in a professional office setting, experience in a higher educational setting is preferred.
- Experience managing an executive-level calendar.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to prioritize among complex and competing expectations. Highly effective at time and task management, and prioritization.
- Project management skills, ability to plan, think through, carry out and assess multi-part projects. PMP Certification is a plus.
- Ability to exercise a high level of diplomacy, discretion, emotional intelligence and confidentiality.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, intense working environment, is adaptable and able to pivot.
- Understanding and commitment to USF's mission, vision, and values.
- Strong equity lens, cultural humility and proven ability to work well in a diverse context.
- Creative problem-solver who is confident, proactive, and exercises initiative and independent judgment.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate various school events.
- Advanced competency in using Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, task management and task sharing tools (Todoist, Slack etc). Banner and WorkDay experience preferred.
- Experience of managing virtual meetings and hosting convenings on Zoom/Webex.
- Exhibits a growth mindset and continually enhances his/her skill set through ongoing professional development.
- Applicants must have a strong equity lens, cultural humility, and a proven record of embracing differences and creating a safe inclusive spaces and working environments that would support USF's Jesuit mission.
Salary Range :
$70,000 - $95,000 annualized and commensurate with experience
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Administrative-Assistant-to-the-Dean---Office-Manager_R0007323.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to "Change the World From Here." For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency