Administrative Support Coordinator - Office of the Dean
Job no: 514430
Work type: Staff
Location: Monterey Bay
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Low $4,000s
CSU Salary Schedule
Hours: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Priority Screening Date: June 23, 2022
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. The university's Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators.
CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university's faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Under the general supervision of the College of Education Dean and lead direction from the Administrative Analyst/ Specialist, the Administrative Support Coordinator (ASC) is responsible for providing office support to maintain the administrative objectives of the Dean. The ASC establishes and maintains various tracking systems for functional reporting requirements, assists with the preparation of written materials, performs basic financial reconciliations, assists in the departmental budget tracking process, supports various interdepartmental work teams, provides back-up support to the Administrative Analyst/Specialist, monitors Dean's Office projects, works as a liaison between Dean's Office and other units on campus, and provides general clerical support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establishes and maintains office management for the Dean and College by prioritizing and responding to daily routine communications. Maintains calendar, schedules appointments, reschedule appointments or meetings, as appropriate. Assembles and distributes information, documents and agendas pertinent to meetings; handles collection and coordination of information related to College activities. Supervises student assistants. Coordinates arrangements for Dean's travel; prepares and processes Dean's travel authorization, reimbursement, claim forms and documentation. Sorts and processes mail, identifies priority items for the Dean or Analyst's review, and forwards other materials to the appropriate area. Ensures that confidential information and required documentation are received, completed, and maintained appropriately. Assists in tracking budget expenditures and maintaining balances and information.
- Coordinates clerical and administrative support functions across the college in conjunction with the Analyst. Manages a broad range of operational and procedural office and administrative problems, which may at times require research, analysis and evaluation of information for problem solving. Keeps abreast with academic and administrative policies and procedures, including those pertaining to travel, MOUs, student petitions, policies and procedures. Assists the Analyst by providing work direction and guidance to ASCs within the College. Under the direction of the Analyst assists in training new ASCs with CSU and campus policy and university procedures. Supports the college and department personnel with planning and implementation of special events.
- Ensures Dean and Office of the Dean provides accurate and timely reports and documentation to the University, Chancellor's Office, Accreditation Organizations; ensures College compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulations;. Researches information to provide summaries on student/faculty grievances to the Dean. Maintains a system of easy access to all reports, policies, procedures, and regulations. Assumes accountability for precision of communication regarding the College.
- Independently and professionally greets and screens visitors, telephone calls, and mail, taking the required action or referring requests as appropriate; responds to questions from the general public, students, staff, and faculty about requirements, program status, individual services, and other information using tact and diplomacy. Serves as the primary contact for the office.
- Establishes and maintains a complex system of materials, documents, files and records for both physical and electronic materials. Maintains, organizes, assembles, and/or summarizes information from office files or other sources for the Dean's use during appointments or meetings; assists with the production of reports, statistical data, brochures, flyers, and other publications.
- Independently and professionally maintains the COE website and social media accounts, taking the required action or referring requests as appropriate; responds to questions from on these forums using tact and diplomacy as needed.
- Identifies supplies, materials, equipment, and services needed for the office and requested by the Dean or staff. Prepares and processes purchase requisition forms; receives and organizes supplies for storage and/or distribution; reviews and confirms accuracy of invoices for approval of payment.
- Serves as building emergency coordinator and building manager back-up. Responsible for building access, work order documentation and associated functions.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments. Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies and procedures. Thorough mastery of English grammar, spelling, punctuation and editing. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems.
Ability to: independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects; interpret and apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist; troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to assigned functions; understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas; analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend and evaluate proposed solutions; perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference; effectively write and present own reports; effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations; and use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
Fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and the ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite. These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
Experience in project/event management, expense tracking, financial reconciliations, and budget preparation. Strong clerical, customer service, and office management skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. The ASC must be a self-starter, detail-oriented and able to multi-task. Proficient in the use of personal computers and scanners, Mac and PC environments, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and creative-based software, including Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS/DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:
Ability to speak languages in addition to English, preferably English/Spanish. Thorough working knowledge of CSUMB, particularly matriculation and degree information. Specialized training in administrative/clerical support. Experience working with diverse populations and in an academic setting. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse, academic environment. Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, persuasive and tactful manner. A strong customer service attitude and commitment is essential. Demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position including the knowledge and abilities identified above.
Technical fluency in the use of Microsoft Office Professional; Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, Calendar, Forms, etc.); Oracle-PeopleSoft/Common Management System or equivalent student, HR and Financial information systems; Hyperion or equivalent reporting tools; 25Live; intranet drives; and internet browsers. Basic knowledge of and interest in graphic design/creative-based software. A strong commitment to serving students, with a proactive and positive attitude about assisting others.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with access to:
- or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information;
- responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access; and
- access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards.
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- Requires occasional evening and/or weekend work.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. While on campus, students, faculty, staff, and the community will be expected to follow all campus safety mandates.
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy, all students and employees are required to submit their vaccination status to the Otter Vaccination Registry and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14-paid holidays a year. For more information, visit CSU System Benefits. Additionally, as a perk, the University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Schoonover Employee Housing for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at Careers at CSUMB. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, visit https://careers.csumb.edu/en-us/job/514430/administrative-support-coordinator-office-of-the-dean
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-f802469c24a3cb4d9eb644449f3f51a3