This ad is expired.
- Agriculture Business Instructor (Full-Time, Tenure-Track) Reedley College
- Go to our website »
Agriculture Business Instructor (Full-Time, Tenure-Track) Reedley College
State Center Community College District
Campus Location: Reedley College
Start Date: 01/17/2023
At Reedley College we value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities and orientations. We prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits a diverse student population brings to a community college. The successful faculty member will be an equity-minded individual committed to student success by collaborating with faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners who are also dedicated to closing equity gaps. An equity-minded individual is a person who:
- Understands the importance of holding ourselves accountable as educators for closing equity gaps and engaging in equitable practices;
- Reframes inequities as a problem of practice and views the elimination of inequities as an individual and collective responsibility;
- Encourages positive race-consciousness and embraces human difference;
- Reflects on institutional and teaching practices and aims to create a culturally responsive teaching environment; and
- Strategically builds buy-in and participation among colleagues for equity-related initiatives.
The ideal candidate will share Reedley College's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. For the 2021-2022 academic year, we enrolled over 11,000 students in which 74% identify as Latinx, 6% as Asian/Pacific Islander, 2% as Black/African American, 16% as White, 1% as American Indian/Alaska Native, and 2% as multiracial. Reedley College is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Agriculture Business on the Reedley College campus and/or at off-site community campus locations, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Teaching courses in introduction to agriculture business, agriculture economics, agriculture computer applications, agriculture accounting, agriculture marketing, farm management, agriculture sales and communication, agriculture ambassadors and career preparation and leadership;
- Recruiting students through the Agriculture Ambassador program;
- Developing student entrepreneurial direct marketing opportunities and utilizing agricultural products produced on the college school farm;
- Implementing program review recommendations which include: creating and revising curriculum including certificate and degree offerings, developing an agriculture business advisory committee, increasing enrollment and number of program completers, and developing an internship program;
- Assisting in job placement and follow-up with students in work experience or internship positions;
- Providing advice for students within the department, serving as advisor for co-curricular activities, and participating in recruitment activities with high school agriculture programs such as FFA competitive events and student leadership activities;
- Serving on, participating and attending departmental, college and district committees, meetings, workshops and activities, as needed;
- Participating in program review, student learning outcome development and assessment to improve student learning;
- Teaching assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122; and
- Other duties as assigned.
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom; AND
- Masters in agriculture, agriculture science, education with a specialization in agriculture or other agricultural area (including: agricultural business, agricultural engineering, agricultural mechanics, agronomy, animal science, enology, environmental (ornamental) horticulture, equine science, forestry, natural resources, plant science, pomology, soil science, viticulture or other agriculture science); OR
- A valid California Community College Credential; OR
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
(NOTE: If the degrees posted on your transcript(s) do not match EXACTLY as stated above, you MUST petition for equivalency.)
- Experience and skill incorporating elements of diversity, equity, and inclusion into all areas of responsibility;
- Recent experience working with African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusion of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Experience working with students of various cultural, gender, age, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds, including disabled students;
- Willingness to examine and remediate ones instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Preferred masters degree in agricultural business;
- Related work and professional experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work with computers, and other technologies, which are utilized in providing high-quality instruction and support to students.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Teaching experience in agriculture;
- Work experience in agriculture business;
- Demonstrated ability to teach a variety of courses in agriculture business;
- Demonstrated ability to involve students in leadership activities
- Demonstrated ability to serve as co-curricular activity advisor for agriculture student organizations;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in recruitment of students;
- Commitment to professional growth and membership in professional organizations;
- Demonstrated ability to work with advisory committees and interact with employers;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess student learning outcomes and incorporate them into program improvement; and
- Currently holds or is willing to obtain Class "A" California DMV drivers license with passenger endorsement; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Conditions of Employment:
177 duty days per year.
Salary and Benefits:
Annual starting salary is $60,678 - $91,350 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,270 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened by Human Resources for completeness and to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement, a selection advisory committee will review the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications then determine who will be invited to interview.
The selection advisory committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the "recommended candidates". These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President and College President for final interviews.
A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants. SCCCD EEO Plan
For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1171 Fulton St, Fresno, California, 93721, (559) 243-7100. For information on Reedley College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. RAGB-INS (Slot #1348)
Submission of application and related materials is the applicants responsibility and must be submitted through the districts online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
This is a full-time, tenure-track position. The District may fill more than one position from this pool.State Center Community College District (SCCCD) provides students with a rich and dynamic learning experience that embraces differences - emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders. When you join our team at SCCCD, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners.
About the College
Reedley College is located in the central San Joaquin Valley of California in the city of Reedley, which has a population of approximately 25,000. Known as "The Worlds Fruit Basket," Reedley is in one of the richest agricultural regions of the world. Reedley College was established in May 1926 as Reedley Junior College and has affected many lives since then. In its 95 years, Reedley College has developed into a crucial component of higher education in the central San Joaquin Valley, offering over 153 degrees and certificates in 37 areas of study taught by approximately 140 full-time faculty and 225 part-time faculty. The college is one of 11 community colleges in California to offer students on-campus housing.
Reedley College was selected to be one of the 20 California Community Colleges to participate in the groundbreaking California Guided Pathways Project. It was chosen in part due to its strong focus on student success and equity. Guided Pathways is a transformational framework that focuses on reviewing and revising college policies, procedures and practices with the goal of designing with the student in mind. Reedley College has embraced Guided Pathways with the colleges goal in mind, "We motivate and inspire students to succeed". The project is designed to significantly increase the number of students who earn a certificate or degree at a California Community College.
Reedley College Mission
Reedley College motivates and empowers students to be successful by providing high-quality, innovative educational opportunities. We inspire a passion for learning to meet the academic and workforce goals of our diverse communities. Our associate degree programs, career technical education, and transfer level courses are offered in an accessible and safe learning environment.
RC College Planning Site
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency