Associate Dean of Nursing and Allied Health (OPEN UNTIL FILLED)
Salary: $121,749.00 - $158,863.00 Annually
Job Number: 104
Location: Imperial, CA
Division: Academics-Health & Public Safety
Under the direction of an appropriate educational administrator, plan, organize, coordinate, administer and manage activities within the nursing and allied health programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Leads and collaborates with the faculty and staff of Nursing and Allied Health. Assumes responsibility for the administrative decision making process of the educational program.
- Responsible for department chair duties in respect to committee involvement; i.e. curriculum committee, academic senate, and/or college council. Attends chair/director meetings and division meetings as scheduled. Represents the department within the division and to the administration. Facilitates communication between the administration and the department.
- Supports innovation and facilitates opportunities for professional development for the faculty and staff. Encourages department faculty and staff involvement in participator governance.
- Attends professional organization meetings; e.g. COADN, ACNL, Uand/or NLNU to maintain currency and networking.
- Ensures regulatory reports are submitted to for all Allied Health Programs as required - RN, VN, MA, Pharm Tech, and CNA/CHHA.
- Produces accurate and timely semester schedules, catalog information, and coordinates curriculum with faculty. Assigns rooms efficiently and appropriately for the betterment of the students. Facilitates textbook review, selection, and ordering.
- Prepares and monitors the department budget; sets priorities for resource needs.
- Responds to student complaints; mediates student/faculty disagreements.
- Evaluates records and performance of transfer students and 30-unit Option students. Coordinates the challenge process (procedure). Conferences with students having problems with unsafe performance in the clinical area, and assists, as needed, with development of contracts for improvement of performance.
- Represents the department at grievance hearings.
- Writes reference letters for graduates. Completes forms for graduates requesting interstate endorsement or overseas licensure.
- Verifies nursing licenses, TB, and CPR cards of faculty to be sure they are current.
- Has thorough knowledge of Nurse Practice Act with special attention to qualifications of faculty, curriculum requirements, criteria for facility utilization, procedures for filing applications for licensure examination, and forms for reporting required information.
- Sends rosters to BRN and BVNPT notifying them re: Students eligible to sit for licensing exam and for permission to release scores.
- Supervises the filing of students for BRN and BVNPT licensure exam. Writes letter notifying BRN and BNVPT of students not graduating.
- Negotiates and reviews contracts with agencies utilized for clinical experience. Makes on-site visit of all clinical agencies utilized.
- Assists faculty advisors and acts as a resource person for student nurse associations/organizations.
- Reviews course substitutions/equivalencies. Approves credit by exam requests related to department programs.
- Reviews, approves, and monitors use of supplies and equipment.
- In conjunction with department faculty, develops short and long-range department plan, maintains current semester syllabi for all courses within the department and monitors faculty professional certifications and qualifications.
- Identifies appropriate/qualified student placement sites.
- Complies and enforces district and departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and finalizes self-study accreditation reports for the BRN & BVNPT, prepares BRN Transfer and Challenge Statistics Data form, prepares Annual Visit Report for BRN and BVNPT, prepares Annual Enrollment Report for BRN and BVNPT, and prepares Faculty Approval Forms and Faculty Change of Status Forms for BRN and BVNPT.
- Prepares Program Review Reports for administration and reviews it with the faculty each year.
- Answers questionnaires and inquiries related to health care programs, inclusion of cultural diversity concepts in the curriculum, and enrollment statistics.
- Prepares form to request BRN and BVNPT approval of clinical facility utilization.
- Supervises support staff in maintaining departmental records.
- Develops and maintains a pool of substitute instructors approved by the BRN, orients them to the curriculum and to the clinical agencies, and arranges for their use as necessary.
- Supervises and evaluates certificated and classified staff assigned to the department.
- Ensures the Nursing Learning Center and Skills labs are functional, current, and utilized appropriately. Supervises building maintenance on classrooms, labs, and offices.
- Participates in and/or arranges for student/faculty participation in community projects such as health fairs, blood drives, and career fairs.
- Coordinates clinical facility utilization with other programs of nursing in San Diego/Imperial County by attending consortium planning meetings.
- Participates in the facility review (evaluation) process for each hospital and all non-acute care agencies. Completes random on-site visit reports for BRN or BVNPT as required.
- Arranges and conducts nursing and allied health advisory committee meetings. Attends professional and advisory meetings with local and regional agencies. Presents speeches to community groups and participates in workshops related to nursing as requested. Communicates with BSN Programs in San Diego and Imperial County.
Possess a valid Lifetime California Community College Credential that permits full-time service as an Instructor of Nursing.
Possess a Master's degree, from an accredited institution, in nursing;
Possess a Bachelor's degree in nursing AND a Master's degree in health education or health science;
Possess a combination of education and experience that is at least equivalent to the above. (Applicants requesting equivalency must complete form provided in this application packet and provide supporting documentation.)
Must meet the following qualifications for Director of Nursing: (California code of Regulations, Title 16, Article 3, Section 1425)
Have approval by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
Hold a clear and active license as a Registered Nurse.
Have a minimum of one year's experience as an administrator with validated performance of administrative responsibilities and authority to administer programs and coordinate activities such as developing, implementing, and managing a nursing program including its fiscal planning; minimum of two (2) years' experience teaching in a pre-or post-licensure registered nursing program; and one (1) year continuous full-time experience, or its equivalent, as a Registered Nurse providing direct patient care; or equivalent experience and/or education as determined by the BRN.
Have approval by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT). (California Business and Professions Code, Division 25, Chapter 1, Art 5, Section 2529 (c )(1)
Have a clear and active license as a registered nurse and minimum of three (3) years' experience as a registered nurse; one year shall be in teaching or clinical supervision, or a combination thereof, in a state approved registered nursing or vocational or practical nursing, or psychiatric technician school within the last five years; and 3 years of experience in nursing administration or nursing education within the last 5 years; and have completed a course or courses offered by an approved school with instruction in administration, teaching, and curriculum development.
Additional sources for nursing related regulations include, but are not limited to:
- Title 16 - California Code of Regulation, Article 3 Schools of Nursing and
- Title 16, Division 25, Chapter 1, Article 5: Schools of Vocational Nursing and
- California Business and Professions Code, Division 2, Chapter 6.5, Article 4 Nursing Schools
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, culture, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and ethnic/racial backgrounds of community college students.
Initial salary placement is normally at Range 9 step 1. Initial placement may be negotiated at a higher step depending on experience and education. Please click here to review current salary schedule.
Imperial Valley College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/imperialedu/jobs/2977279/associate-dean-of-nursing-and-allied-health-open-until-filled
The Imperial Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and will implement a comprehensive program to put those principles into practice. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity, physical disability, mental disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, language, accent, citizenship status, transgender status, parental status, marital status, economic status, veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, political or organizational affiliation, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. The District will strive to achieve a workforce that is welcoming to men, women, persons with disabilities and individuals from all ethnic and other groups to ensure the District provides an inclusive educational and employment environment. Such an environment fosters cooperation, acceptance, democracy and free expression of ideas.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency