The position of CEO has the leadership oversight and responsibility for the successful operation of the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association. This includes strategic and operational plans, budgeting, and supervision of all department directors, managers, and staff. Additionally, this position will facilitate Board and Committee activity and provide assistance in their administrative support. The CEO will represent the organization and drive the imperatives of the NLTRA with Placer County, multiple Regional Agencies, funding partners, community organizations, cooperative partnerships, and member businesses.
- Oversee the implementation, planning, and execution of the Destination Stewardship-related functions of the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association (NLTRA) as directed by the NLTRA Board of Directors and various committees. (Destination Management Knowledge, Leadership, Organizational Skill, Presentation Skills, Relationship Skills, Change Management Experience)
- Lead members of the staff, based on direction from the Board, develop annual and other strategic and operational plans, including but not limited to envisioning and implementing Strategic Goals and Action Plan, marketing strategies and plans, integrated infrastructure and transportation development work plan and long-range TBID funding plan, Chamber plan and annual budget. (Relations with Board, Planning, Organization Skills, Communications, Management Skills, Leadership, Budget/Finance)
- Oversee the management and distribution of the NLTTBID funding.
- Guide the investment of the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) to support workforce housing and transportation initiatives.
- Ensure proper administrative support is provided to the Board and committees, along with any and all information necessary to assist the Board and committees in the performance of their duties. (Relations with Board, Management Skills)
- Oversee management and staff in the performance of their daily duties, ensuring the implementation of an annual performance review process for all employees. (Personnel Relations, Management Skills)
- Direct and provide overall supervision of the organization's involvement in all special events and activities. (Personnel Relations, Communications, Management Skills, Leadership)
- Pursue additional funding sources not currently available, including but not limited to grant applications, economic development programs, new legislative initiatives, and other public and private funding. (Budget /Finance, Planning, Leadership)
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization; attend public meetings, representing membership's position on issues at local, state, and federal levels as appropriate. (Communications, Leadership)
- Be responsible for the enforcement of all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the organization in any contract and/or rules and regulations of the organization. If any violations occur, take actions and proceedings as may be necessary to enforce them. (Management Skills, Communications)
- Be responsible for courteous and fair treatment of all members of the Chamber, as well as staff and guests. (Communications, Organization Skills)
- Ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion are a part of the organization's culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Paramount are strong leadership and organizational skills; ability to build an effective organization and develop critical relationships with local leaders, the community, and regional partners; and strategic planning with demonstrated successful outcomes.
- Experience with change management and implementation of innovative and industry-leading vision.
- Experience in redefining an organization\\\\\\'s mission, organizational transformation, and driving change.
- Leadership experience with vast community collaboration including but not limited to local government, small to major businesses, various associations, local residents, and destination visitors.
- Leadership or collaborative experience with associations or membership-based organizations.
- Understanding of and proven success in management of a multi-regional jurisdictional destination like Lake Tahoe, which incorporates two states, five counties, and multiple regional jurisdictions.
- Experience working in a small team environment.
- Leadership experience with budget development, management, and tracking.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Four-year degree from an academic institution or commensurate experience preferred government relations, community development, marketing, sales, hospitality or business major preferred.
- Minimum seven years in an executive leadership role.
- TBID or similar experience preferred.
- Valid CA/NV driver's license
- Valid ID, Green Card, or Resident Card if not a US Citizen
- Ensure the organization is properly structured and has the best talent in place to deliver on the strategic vision of the organization.
- Develop strong and meaningful relationships with all stakeholders/constituents and maintain effective ongoing communication through this transformative time. Constituents include but are not limited to staff, board members, industry leaders, business leaders, business associations, city, county, and state elected officials, other partners, and vendors.
- Assess the operation of the organization including finances, programs, and deployment of TBID, TOT and CAP funding.
Full Position Overview
To apply, visit: https://searchwideglobal.com/job/north-lake-tahoe-ceo/
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency