This ad is expired.
Salary: $69,451.00 - $92,976.00 Annually
Job Type: $ATSJobType$
Job Number: 6114-c-06/22
Closing: 7/13/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Accounts Payable Department
Under the direction of the Director of Budget & Categorical Accounting, the College Accountant will be responsible for accounts payable coordination, for assisting with daily fiscal operation of the District, assuring that all accounting functions are recorded properly and timely, with monitoring District cash flow; verifying daily bank positive pay for fraud prevention; assisting with establishing and auditing the working budget and reporting it monthly to the Board of Trustees, and County Office of Education; assisting with the year-end closing; processing weekly accounts payable check runs and monthly CalCard statements, reviewing for expenses and assuring no fraud has occurred; assisting with financial aid disbursements; utilizing the District's integrated software system and other District fiscal software; performing a variety of difficult and complex accounting duties; preparing, maintaining, and auditing assigned District-wide financial reports; assisting in the formulation and revision of financial record-keeping procedures; preparing monthly bank reconciliations; maintain state-funded project accounting in FUSION and prepare certain required quarter and annual IRS filings. Provide work direction and guidance to assigned staff and drive the accounts payable batch to Tulare County Office of Education weekly.
This is a Full-Time 12-month position, 7:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Initial placement is at $69,451
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the College Accountant include:
- Plan, prioritize and perform a variety of accounting and budgeting functions; communicate with a variety of District, County, state and federal offices and agencies regarding fiscal programs.
- Function as a critical part of the Accounting team.
- Provide technical support, training and general backup for accounting operations; plan, prioritize, assign and direct the work of accounting office staff.
- Coordinate District-wide accounting functions for assigned program or District operation.
- Prepare District-wide reports involving attendance, mandated costs, special reserve reimbursements claims and instructional grants.
- Review, interpret and implement federal, State and District accounting and budget regulations; coordinate, prepare, analyze, audit and monitor financial and fiscal-related reports and claims.
- Prepare, monitor and analyze budgets for an assigned set of accounts; review and analyze budgets for compliance to District regulations.
- Maintain income records and monitor the collection of monies due; assure accounts receivable are billed accurately and collected in a timely manner.
- Maintain general and subsidiary ledger accounts; update control accounts; reconcile and balance accounts; create trial balance.
- Analyze and approve account transactions, assure fiscal documents are prepared and maintained in accordance with established requirements.
- Provide a variety of information and resolve problems regarding financial, payroll or purchasing records as requested.
- Assist in preparing, annual District budget by compiling information regarding transfers, expenditures, income, adjustments and payroll.
- Analyze fiscal records and prepare a variety of district financial and statistical reports for audit preparation, administrative decision support, State and federal reporting.
- Participate in the selection of staff; provide and coordinate staff training.
- Utilize the District's integrated software in performing the required duties of the position.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination equivalent to:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business, or Business Administration, or related field and
- Two years of responsible experience in accounting, including the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports.
- Indoor office environment.
- Constant interruptions.
- Ability to inspect financial records.
- Ability to communicate with staff.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to retrieve files and to reach in all directions.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- Accounting practices and procedures.
- Laws, rules and regulations governing community college financial reporting.
- Modern office practices procedures and equipment.
- Practices of financial record - keeping, including accounting systems which are maintained on data processing.
- District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Applicable section of State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Prepare clear and accurate financial statements and records
- Perform a wide variety of Para-professional accounting work
- Operate standard office machines, such as computer terminal and calculator
- Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately
- Work cooperatively with others
- Work independently with little direction
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Meet schedules and time lines
- Plan and organize work
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Train and direct personnel
To be considered applicants must submit ALL of the following required material before or by the filing deadline:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest, which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts are required upon employment.
Recruitment Analyst: Nancy Yanes 559-737-4886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/3615865/college-accountant
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-1644aca3b5cf164786f2663cadc064b3