This ad is expired.
Custodial Manager (Facilities) - Riverside City College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Physical location of the position:
$76,338 - $92,935
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under the supervision of the area Director, responsible for the quality and administration of the custodial program; provides leadership in the area of plant and furniture cleaning.
May provide supervision to Assistant Custodial Manager, Senior
Custodians, Custodians, Floor Crews, Gymnasium Attendants, Custodians, and other custodial personnel.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
At least five years of directly related full-time custodial work, including two years of successful custodial supervisory experience is required.
The principles of supervision; modern methods, materials, equipment used in custodial work.
Understand, carry out, and provide oral and written directions; establish schedules and equitable work assignments for custodial personnel; observe and report needs for maintenance or supplies; maintain adequate records; supervisor work of others and prepare necessary written reports; communicate clearly and effectively; work accurately; meet deadlines; provide effective supervision of personnel; and establish and maintain an effective working relationship with others.
Must have a valid California driver's license and have (and maintain) an insurable driving record acceptable to the District's insurance carrier.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Custodial staff, maintenance and grounds personnel, staff, students, and security.
Normal custodial environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducts daily rounds to inspect areas and weed out discrepancies so that custodians can handle in a timely manner.
2. Plans and schedules all work assignments for first, second and third shifts.
3. Takes bi-weekly inventory of supplies on hand to determine what is needed for custodial maintenance.
4. Goes through two week activity schedules to determine set ups around campus and delegates the work to custodians to accommodate all functions.
5. Reviews all work orders submitted to the custodial department and schedules them for completion.
6. Prepares light chart reports and submits copy to maintenance department so that they can fix burned out lighting, as needed.
7. Prepares reports on daily operations throughout the month.
8. Meets with Senior Custodian to obtain any information on problems that may have occurred while this supervisor was out.
9. Checks all incoming emails for custodial business
10. Checks and handles all voicemails.
11. Checks all cost department, inner district mail and handles accordingly, mail consists of fax requests, District mail to employees, invoices from vendors, work orders and memos, etc.
12. Assists with the selection screening and interview process, as needed
13. Prepares staff evaluations.
14. Serves as a member of the Management Association.
15. Maintains an understanding of current ideas, research and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position, through continued study and participation in professional organizations.
16. Performs other related responsibilities as may be assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a Classified Management position with twelve-month contracts. Paid vacation, 22 days annually; and paid accruable sick leave, 12 days annually. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than 12 months. The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Optional Applicant Documents:
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated Start Date: November 2021
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of October.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency