This ad is expired.
Dean of Career Technical Education and Workforce Development
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under general direction of the Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Instruction, plans, directs, manages, supervises, oversees, and coordinates services and functions of Career Technical Education (CTE) and Workforce Development. The Dean works collaboratively with instructional deans, faculty and staff to prepare students for the workforce, and collaborates with regional partners in business and industry to ensure that specialized training needs of the labor force are met by District programs. Under administrative direction of the Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Instructional Services, the Dean carries out complex projects, establishes and monitors CTE grant budgets and expenditures, develops reports, develops grant proposals for external funding and oversees programs. The Dean plays a key role in monitoring state and federal CTE program changes and reforms, coordinates college-wide initiatives associated with specialized contract education, participates in regional, state and national meetings related to workforce development and career education, and assists with career technical advisory committees that foster instructional improvement. The Dean insures the integrity of all policies, procedures, and programs and works to support the college as a whole. The Dean coordinates assigned activities with other departments, divisions, and outside agencies and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Instruction.
The Dean classification may have reporting responsibility for multiple major programs, departments or services, and may supervise other managers as well as oversee or assist in overseeing the delivery of programs. The Dean classification is reserved for the oversight of major college-wide programs, projects or off-campus programs.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited direction from executive level management. Incumbents work within a framework of established goals and objectives
Incumbents in this classification assign, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work of others.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide vision and organizational leadership for CTE instructional programs, grants, and Workforce Development; including managing the daily operations; ensuring quality customer service, and assessing and adjusting services as needed based on external factors;
- Provide leadership for and facilitate CTE grant fund development for the District including but not limited to researching and identifying funding opportunities that match District goals and objectives, providing technical assistance and oversight of the planning, writing and program design for CTE instructional proposals;
- Oversee grant management including program implementation and evaluation and submission of reports and information as requested by granting sources;
- Serve as a liaison with funding source program and contract officers, resource developers and with community organizations;
- Develop and monitor budgets for assigned programs and grants;
- Conduct research related to needs assessment and background information for proposal development;
- Assist in the development and planning of instructional programs that expand the workforce;
- Market, develop, and conduct outreach to promote education programs to assist with training and re-training workers, including specialized contract education programs;
- Select, train, schedule, assign, supervise and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel;
- Work collaboratively with managers and staff to develop processes that are student centered and supportive of student success;
- Communicate and network with leaders in the private and public sectors to promote San Joaquin Delta College and determine needs for training and workforce development services; linking and aligning CTE instructional programs with local and regional employers;
- Develop partnerships and coordinate with external agencies to develop opportunities for students that expand the workforce; ensure positive relationships are built and maintained;
- Serve as a liaison with divisions, departments, program advisory committees, and student groups;
- Provide technical assistance for others in the planning, writing, program design, budget development, and submission of grant proposals;
- Serve as member of various District committees and task forces; actively participates in and supports District shared governance components and activities and other collaborative processes;
- Participate on a variety of boards and commissions; attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends, innovations and regulations;
- Analyze and interpret appropriate applicable laws and regulations;
- Assist in the accreditation process;
- Provide leadership and assist with program reviews ensuring that student learning outcomes and program outcomes are addressed;
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures;
- Perform other assigned tasks as required
- Trends in career technical education;
- Governmental agencies involved in education;
- Grant writing, program planning, grant management;
- Principles and practices of effective program marketing;
- Principles and practices of program development and administration;
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and statistical reporting;
- Proper language composition and usage;
- Formatting and proofreading techniques;
- Procedures of computerized records systems, systems analysis, and computer applications including integrated databases;
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation;
- Advanced principles and practices of budget preparation and administration;
- Office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the work of supervisory, technical, and clerical personnel;
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate staff;
- Recommend and implement goals, objectives, and practices for providing effective and efficient services;
- Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports;
- Perform complex and detailed tasks with accuracy;
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed action, and implement recommendations in support of goals;
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods, procedures, and techniques;
- Interpret and apply federal, state, local, and district policies, procedures, laws, and regulations;
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Prepare and administer large and complex budgets;
- Operate modern office equipment including, but not limited to, integrated database systems and general office computer applications.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, gender, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in education or a related field; Doctorate preferred; and
- Six (6) years of teaching or instructional experience with at least three (3) years' experience at the dean or senior management level.
A valid Class C California Driver's License
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 141,758
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 169,267
- External Closing Date: Oct 5, 2021
- External Opening Date: Aug 9, 2021
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency