This ad is expired.
Program Assistant V -- Office of the Dean
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Program Assistant V -- Office of the Dean
Under the supervision and direction of the Assistant to the Dean, the Program Assistant V provides a diverse range of administrative support while managing multiple responsibilities, tasks, and projects. In addition, to support duties, the Program Assistant V will provide high-level administrative service collecting and tracking large amounts of data and records.
Full Job Description:
- Provides administrative support to SOM Committees including but not limited to Assurance of Learning, Faculty Governance, Faculty Development, Graduate Programs Curriculum, Undergraduate Program Curriculum, and Strategic Planning. Duties include the following and any other administrative support responsibilities that may arise: scheduling meetings, taking minutes, posting minutes to the intranet, updating related documents as directed by leadership, and leading small projects as needed by the committee.
- Updating the School of Management Intranet pages related to the committees and faculty to communicate and share information with other departments in the school.
- Digital Measures: Provides data maintenance, revises screens and reports as directed, and organizes training and support for faculty. Creates accounts for new faculty hires. Deactivates accounts for those who leave the University. Inputs CV data for new full-time faculty and adjunct faculty hires in Digital Measures. Work with Academic Affairs to extract Digital Measures data as requested
- Provides support for all events and meetings put on by the Dean's Office and Academic Affairs. Assists with event planning to include creating calendar invites, name badges, updating and scheduling room spaces through Events Management, and placing orders for catering as needed through Bon Appetit. Attends all School of Management graduations and school-wide meetings (All Hands, Retreats, Dean's Circle Meetings, etc) to take attendance and log the attendance data in Digital Measures.
- Serves as receptionist for the Dean's Office suite and helps create a warm and welcoming environment, greeting and assisting faculty, students, staff and other visitors. This also includes but is not limited to answering the main phone line; maintaining the kitchen, meeting rooms, and office workspace; and ensuring that the printer/copier is functioning and office supplies are stocked.
- Provides support to the Dean and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, and Academic Affairs leadership and their guests.
- Supports the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs with their daily schedules, travel schedules, correspondence, and expense report processing.
- Provides primary administrative support for faculty searches coordinating meetings, travel, hotel reservations, and any necessary reimbursement.
- Helps coordinate promotion and tenure documents and calendaring.
- Serves as point person for school institutes, groups, and other faculty lead initiatives.
- This includes keeping databases of their data, efforts, and contacts.
- Serving as liaison with their various boards
- Coordinating special projects and ongoing needs
- Prepares and submits purchases, payments, reimbursements through purchase requisitions, Concur Expense, Concur Invoice, and petty cash vouchers.
- Assists with data preparation for accreditation or other institutional reporting.
- Assists the Dean with any requests they have and fills in for the Assistant to the Dean when they are not present.
- Handles confidential, sensitive materials relating to faculty, students and/or other issues.
- Creates and develops new office work procedures to increase efficiency, maintenance of confidentiality, or workflow using knowledge of operations and creative problem-solving techniques; designs new forms, as appropriate to implement changes.
- Exercises independent judgment and decision-making abilities, organizes work and sets priorities.
- Develops and maintains business and office process documentation.
- Handles the redact of sensitive materials as requested.
- Supports special projects as requested for Academic Affairs leadership and the Dean's Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant to the Dean, the Dean, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, or other leadership.
High school diploma required. Three to five years' experience in an executive secretary/administrative assistant position.
- Strong skills in priority management and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deadlines accurately while under pressure.
- Demonstrated strengths in the areas of service and team skills; including evidence of ability to work independently and in close conjunction with others.
- Experience dealing with a variety of people in a professional manner.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative concepts, principles, and practices.
- Able to handle diverse situations, using written and unwritten policies and practices in addition to using own judgment to resolve conflicts and concerns.
- Able to initiate and accept responsibility for the completion of special assignments/projects.
- Can manage multi-project deadlines, evaluate task priorities and make suggestions on the most efficient methods in handling multi-tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
Word processing, database applications (Tableau, for example), University reimbursement systems (Concur), spreadsheet (Excel) skills, and experience with collaborative software and/or programs (Skype, Zoom, GoogleDocs, Doodle).
Work schedule would be 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, however, may be required to work on occasional Saturday's and/or weeknights to support internal, external operations and/or events based on operational and must attend Graduation which is sometimes held on Saturdays.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Works cooperatively and establishes effective working relationships with immediate peers as well as peers in other departments. Uses tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment in regular contact with faculty, staff, students, and others within and outside the university.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and keep track of multiple boundary conditions. Able to be self-motivated to start and/or complete projects independently. Able to seek direction when needed and follow up with the supervisor when tasks are completed.
- Respectfully and able to communicate risks and organizational exposures.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-V----Office-of-the-Dean_R0004383.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency